What I've been up to...

The last month of my life has been giving me practice for the next stage of my life that will hit me in October. I have been watching my friend Jen's (from work) little guy for about 24 hours a week. He is now 3 months old and we are trying to get the whole nap thing figured out as I well-remember with Mason when he was that age! There have definitely been some stressful moments but I am very thankful for this opportunity to earn a little extra money, to practice having 2 kids, and especially for Mason to learn that he is not the center of the world.

At first, Mason didn't seemed phased by the intruder but lately he has seemed to get somewhat jealous, especially when I am feeding the baby or trying to get him to sleep. I have also been told that this 18 month milestone is one that starts the tantrums and the kind of behavior he is starting to exhibit, so I'm sure it is a combination of both factors. Mason is very sweet with the baby though, he is constantly wanting to give him kisses or rock him in the bouncy seat. I am looking forward to the weather getting nice so we can take walks instead of being cooped up in the house.

Here are some pictures of my two little boys:)


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alli,

It is good getting Mason oriented to other children and competition for your time in advance of your own new addition. Glad the arrangement is working well!

Love, Dad