It's because of wonderful people who love my boys and genuinely like spending time with them. This makes them feel special and allows this mama to be able to focus on Tanner in the times he needs it and not feel like I am neglecting my other 2!
It's because I don't even have to think about breakfast, lunch or dinner. We just show up at the appointed meal times and eat! I don't have to do any dishes and there is usually someone around to help me grab something I forgot or to get the boys a drink, etc.
It's because there is a wonderful community here of people - all I have to do is step out my door and head up to the chapel or snack shop and there is bound to be a friendly face. Those of you who have just had a baby know how important this is. I really feel it is why post postpartum depression happens - you isolate yourself because it is often just easier to stay home rather than brave the weather/potential fussiness of your baby by venturing out into the world.
So my summer has been a pleasant surprise from what I expected. Thank you to our wonderful friends here that have helped to make that happen!


2 comments:
love love- how loved you'll are at camp! and hooray for not thinking about making a meal or doing dishes- thats amazing!!!
so, so, jealous of you right now, but so thankful that you guys can be there. We MISS camp, it brings tears each time the kids ask about the Ranch. So glad you guys have summer staff, meals, and community! What a rich summer!
Post a Comment