Recent Stuff

I realized that I always post about specific events and though I would give a little update of things going on around here. May has been a busy month for our family with the wedding and lots of graduations, but of course there has been much more! Andy began his summer at camp last week which means he only "lives" at our house on the weekends, but Mason and I will be making the drive out there pretty much daily to spend time with him. Andy and I actually got to spend some quality time painting the dining hall out there a couple weeks ago.

I took a cake decorating class at Joann's with my sisters and my friend Tracy. That
was a lot of fun and although I have eaten more than my fair share of cake over the past few weeks, I am a little sad that it is over! I am continuing to watch my friend's baby boy for 3 days a week and making a point to get to playgroup and other playdates with friends for Mason.

One of my best friends (Jen) had a beautiful baby girl last week. Although I haven't seen her in person yet (they live in Virginia), they will be visiting next month for a couple weeks so I am very excited about that. One of my other best friends (Brooke) is due in about 6 weeks and we got to spend some time with her and her husband this weekend. It is so fun to see a couple on the brink of parenthood. Andy and I were laughing because we know what they will only know once it happens - their life is about to change in every single way! It's like we have a little secret that they just can't know until they are part of the club:) I can say though, that it is truly a blessing to watch people I love so much become parents - it makes me so happy to know that these babies are going to be brought up in homes where they are loved beyond measure and taught about Jesus and how much He loves them!

Baby number 2 continues to be an active little booger. I almost typed "guy" there - I don't know if I just assume it will be a boy because of Mason and how similar these pregnancies are (down to almost the due date!) or if its just that instinct again, but I will be pretty surprised if it isn't a boy. I'm not quite as confidant as I was last time though - we shall see! I just hit the halfway mark this weekend which is hard to believe. This pregnancy has gone by so quickly so far! We have our ultrasound on Wednesday and although we aren't finding out the sex, we are very much looking forward to getting a peek at this little one!

Mason continues to be a joy in our lives. I kind of get teary-eyed just thinking about that little guy and how much I love him:) He is just the sweetest and kind-hearted little thing. His favorite things lately are dancing to music in the car, bubbles, and still anything having to do with any type of sports ball. He is going to be so excited when I get finished with his "big boy room" which will be a sports fan's dream! Of course he has his moments and "no" seems to be his favorite word right now, but I am trying to just remember that this is a phase and he will eventually say "yes" more often! One weird thing right now - he is HATING his bath - which, if you know him, is very strange. He has LOVED baths since the beginning and all of the sudden last week, he has cried so hard when we go to put him in the bath. We are trying all sorts of things to get him back in, but so far, nothing has really worked. I have no idea what caused this and am hoping that as quickly as it came on, that it will go away. But I welcome any advice from those who have been through this or anything similar!

I think that is about it, although I keep thinking of other little things! I am not sure how this summer will be on Mason - please pray for him if you think of it. He seemed to be pretty confused last week when Andy wasn't here in the mornings and some nights. We are going to do our best to make sure he sees him as much as possible, but I know it is confusing for him. He also tends to get even more attached to me (if that is possible!) during the summer which is tough on me. Mason and I both love being out at camp though and when things get rough, I just think about how much God is doing through camp and how Andy seems to really light up when he is there:) He is definitely in his element up on stage and with those kids. If you haven't seen him in action, you must come out to camp some evening and watch him!

Happy Memorial Day!

my little man...


Tracy and I at cake class...


Painting the dining hall at camp...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alli,

Love to read your blog and look at the pictures. It is a blessing, especially to a parent/grandparent. Mason is simply expressing the sin nature ("You can be as God," Satan said)that is in all of us and it begins with a desire for control. He wants you to say "No" and mean it. His actions say "Freedom" but the desire of his heart is to be directed and formed as an act of love.

I love and respect you and Andy as a daughter/son and as parents. I pray for you two daily, along with Mason.

Love, Dad