Mason is a GREAT big brother to Brody. He is nurturing, caring and encouraging. For example, today we went to Monkey Bizness and Mason had climbed up though a tunnel and Brody so desperately wanted to follow after him that he used his arms and climbed up, much to my surprise and Mason was cheering him on saying "good job Brodes" and even gave him a thumbs up when he got to the top.
Mason is SO smart. He loves to learn and most recently he has learned a few Bible verses from church and preschool. It makes my heart so happy to see him memorizing God's word and even though he can't fully comprehend what it means yet, I am so glad he enjoys it. He is CONSTANTLY asking me questions - especially in the car. "Mom, where is that excavator going?" I find myself explaining the oddest things!
I can't wait to see what is in store for our little man - actually - I CAN wait! I want to hold onto this time when he is still so innocent and carefree for as long as possible! Happy Birthday to my favorite 4 year old!

We started our birthday celebration by taking him to Red Robin for dinner last night since Andy wouldn't be around today to do dinner - he was so funny when the servers were singing Happy Birthday to him - he just started at Andy with a funny little smile on his face - it was like he was slightly embarrassed, but thrilled at the same time:)
We woke Mason up to breakfast in bed - he kept smiling and after one bite said "Let's go downstairs." He started watching his favorite show (George), but after seeing his presents, he couldn't focus so we let him open them. He seemed to love them all - especially his Thomas game for his ClickStart game and the Tag reader and books.
We went to Monkey Bizness with Brooke, Tyson, Noah and "MooMoo" (Brooke's mom) and the boys had a blast. Then we went to Fritz's for lunch and Andy was able to meet us there. This evening after stopping by my high school reunion, the boys and I got some ice cream at our favorite place (Sylas and Maddy's). Mason is playing his new game as I type this. Such a fun day for him - I asked him what his favorite part was and he named every single aspect of the day!

0 comments:
Post a Comment