Easter

I was very determined this year to help the boys understand more about the actual reason behind Easter - not just the egg hunts. Actually a song that Mason learned at preschool sums it up pretty well (and its one I want to remember because Mason taught it to Brody who is hilarious when he sings it)
"I'm a bunny..and its not funny...people think its all about hunting eggs...I'm a bunny...and its not funny...listen, sunny...Easter is all about J.E.S.U.S...JESUS!"

I had heard about Resurrection Eggs and thought we would give them a try. It turned out to be a great, simple way for the boys to learn about different aspects of the Easter story. They would look forward to seeing what was in the egg each night. We also used The Jesus Storybook Bible (which I HIGHLY recommend to anyone looking for a kids Bible) as we went through the story.

finding out the last egg is empty...

Here are some other pics of our fun Easter holiday...









0 comments: