applique

This post has a couple purposes... I wanted to share something I have enjoyed doing lately and also to help some of my MOPS girls finish up their projects from yesterday's meeting!!

I have seen applique projects on several craft blogs I follow and decided to give it a try. It is really very easy, just kind of tedious.

I get tote bags at Hobby Lobby - just wait til they are 50% off or take your 40% off coupon. You can get 3 large or 4 small ones for $3.50 when they have them 1/2 off. For Mason's library bag, I got a heavier-duty bag that has 3 pockets on the back - I figure he can put his library card in there when he gets one, bookmarks, etc.

The paper you use is called Steam-a-Seam2. You can also find it at Hobby Lobby or Joann's - it is around $4 or $5 for a package of 5 sheets - again, use your coupon! Remember to look in the remnant sections of Hobby Lobby, Joann's, or even Wal-Mart for cheap pieces of fabric.

Here are some pics of my latest projects and a link to some step by step instructions...

onesies for gifts

a "gift" bag

party shirts!


library bag and halloween bag

1 comments:

The Tenney's said...

these are soooo cute! I've been wanting to do stuff like this but thought it would be way harder. you are such a cute mom!