Idea #1
Find 24 Christmas-themed books and individually wrap each one. (You can get some from the library or find some after Christmas for super cheap to begin your own collection) Put all the books in a basket near the Christmas tree and each night before bed, have your kids pick one out, unwrap it and read before bed!
Idea #2 (quick and easy)
Mason LOVES stickers so this one was easy - make a Christmas tree out of green construction papers and glue it on a larger piece of paper. Find 25 Christmas stickers and every day, your child gets to put an "ornament" on the tree until it is filled on Christmas!

Idea #3
I saw a version of this on a blog and knew it was the perfect way to incorporate a lot of different activities for the month of December. I got these stockings at Hobby Lobby and got some Christmas fabric to make the circles and then used fabric paint for the numbers (my numbers did not turn out so well bc I got "diamond" paint instead of plain white, I am going to have to go back over them later). Every day, I will put a piece of paper in the corresponding stocking and Mason will get to see what is inside - the activities will range from making cookies for our neighbors to watching a Christmas movie to getting in PJs and driving around to see Christmas lights. I will just decide the night before what is feasible for the next day.

Hope you are having a great Christmas season so far!
6 comments:
These are GREAT ideas! How fun! I'm just dying to start doing things like this with James but he's just not ready yet...he still tries to eat crayons, so anything TOO crafty is still off-limits. Maybe next year!! I'll have to keep an eye out for Christmas books post-Christmas! Thanks for the ideas!
Alli you are so dang creative. I love it. I wish I was a kid in your house this Christmas.
Love the ideas! The sticker one is way to easy! Super creative MOM! Enjoy the season.
So cute! Great ideas!!
These are GREAT ideas! Look at you go! :) p.s. your conversation with Mason from the other day... precious.
Alli, you are so creative!
Post a Comment