The other day we were driving to a friend's house and we were passing the cemetery where my mom is buried. We drive by it quite often, at least a couple times per week normally and last summer, I stopped there, with the boys, to put some new flowers at the grave. Now every time we drive by, Mason wants to slow down and see the flowers (you can see hers from the road). This week when he drove by, this is what he said...
Mason: Where are our flowers?
Me: There they are (slowing down)
Mason: Those flowers are for your mom?
Me: Yes
Mason: Because she died?
Me: Yes
Mason: What how? (this is what he says instead of "why" for some reason)
Me: She got really sick with something called cancer
Mason: Were you really sad?
Me: Yes, it was very sad and I am still sad sometimes
Mason: Oh... hey, look at that train!
I love 3 year olds:)
1 comments:
Seriously tears in my eyes followed by laughter! Sweet Mason. I miss that guy!
Post a Comment