Yes, it has been over a month since their program but I wanted to write about it so I don't forget it in the future. Each year the preschool sends home a CD with the program on it so that we can listen to it in the car and help the kids learn it. My boys knew every word (even the teacher's lines) by the time the big night came. This is Mason's 3rd time to do it so he was the old pro but this was Brody's first. The school does the program during the Sunday night service at College Church so you have to sit through the whole service to get to the 10 minute program which they conveniently put at the end of the service. When the kids started filing out, I went down to the front to take pictures (along with all the other camera-toting moms) and saw Brody come out with his class and stand on the very front row. He was smiling and beaming from ear to ear. Poor Mason was in the back row and I could barely see him during the performance :( I happened to be right in front of Brody as the program started and he was into it - saying every word and doing all the actions. All the sudden during the 2nd song he started alternating between laughing and crying - it was just so bizarre. I kept giving him thumbs up and smiling and he would smile at me and then start crying. Finally he came running off the stage and ran to me. He just hid his face on my shoulder and as I was trying to ask him what was wrong he realized I was chewing gum and immediately stopped and said "Do you have gum?!?" I even offered to give him my gum if he would go back up on the stage but he was not going.
Probably one of the funniest things about the whole thing is that for the next couple weeks he would beg for me to play the CD in the car! Silly boy!
Here are my 2 handsome boys before the program...

and here is crazy Brody... couldn't get a pic of Mason as I couldn't see him way in the back!
0 comments:
Post a Comment