Mason's Interview - 4 1/2 years

When do you feel happy?... when somebody tickles me

When do you feel sad?... when somebody breaks my toys

What do you like to do?... play with toys with Brody

What is your favorite color?... pink

What do you like to eat?... food...oranges, cuties, pickles, carrots

What is your favorite toy?.. my snowplow

When do you feel frustrated?... hmmm....when somebody's not listening to me

What do you really like?... trash trucks

What are you excited about?... when I go to fun places

Where do you like to go?... Antioch Park

what is your favorite song?... Pit Pit Patter (a song I always sing to him that I learned in Jamaica on a missions trip)

What is your favorite thing to do at Preschool?... I like to make something

What is the best part of being 4 years old?... my birthday

Who is your best friend?... Ethan

At 4 1/2, Mason is just finishing up his first year of preschool - he was the oldest in his class and loved every minute of it. He knows all his upper-case letters and the sounds that they make. He can write his name pretty well and is starting to work on writing other letters. He can count to 20 and loves to wrestle with his daddy. He does rest time for an hour every afternoon and usually reads his Tag books, plays with cars or builds things with his legos during that time. He loves the movie "Up" and all of the Toy Story movies, but especially #3. He would watch anything, though:) He loves thunderstorms and gets really excited if he sees a dark sky. He also loves to fill up the bird feeders with his dad and watch for birds. He is very excited for the baby that will be here any day and I think might be a bit devastated if it isn't a girl. He insists that our family only has 1 girl and we need another one. He is very in tune to the feelings of those around him - he is always asking me if I am frustrated or tired and is quick to give a hug or say "I love you, mama" at the most random times. I think my most commonly used phrase with him is "Mason, are you the mom?" because he is always "mothering" Brody. Most of you who know him will know that one of his most commonly used phrases when leaving someone's house or if anyone is leaving our house is "You can come to our house anytime you want." It never fails that he says this - I don't even know how he started it, but he is always saying it! He has such a sweet spirit and is a joy to watch grow.

2 comments:

Mira's mom said...

this is really cute! I love that he is so into trash trucks. Hope to run into you again soon!

Jennifer said...

Man I really miss that kid!