An Interview with Brody - 2 1/2 years old

What makes you happy?... at people

What makes you sad?... I sad at people 'cause I'm frustrated

What do you like to do?... play toys with Mason

What is your favorite color?... green

What do you like to eat?... waffles

What is your favorite toy?.. a boat

When do you feel frustrated?... I don't know...at some daddies

What do you really like?... toys

What are you excited about?... when its snowing

Where do you like to go?... McDonalds

what is your favorite song?... Jesus Loves Me

Do you like to take naps?... yeah

Who is your best friend?... Sam

At 2 1/2 Brody's personality is really starting to come out. He is proving to us that he will be our child that keeps us up at night in the years to come:) He will probably be the one that we take to the ER for broken bones or freak accidents. He is so darn ornery at times, but will then look at you with the cutest, melt your heart smile and you can't help but laugh at him. He is fully potty-trained (much to my delight) and has even been dry at night for the past couple weeks. I would like to take credit, but I think he is just highly motivated by candy:) He can count to 11 consistently and sometimes will go higher, usually just skipping 12. He can recognize about 1/2 of his letters and knows how to spell his name. He LOVES his big brother and can not wait to go to preschool with him next year (although I am not sure he totally gets that they won't be in the same class). He will rarely sit still for an entire episode of anything, but his favorites are probably Word World and Backyardigans. He loves Cars and Toy Story, but again - won't sit still for much of it unless he is super tired or sick. He is just precious when talking about the new baby - he always wants to hug my belly and sing to it. He is sure that the baby is a boy. I think he will have a tougher time with it than Mason did with him - he is still quite the mama's boy and you better believe that if I am anywhere in the house, he is probably within a few feet of me unless he is really absorbed in what he is doing. It is pretty funny when he realizes that I am in another room and will start yelling for me and asking "where are you??". His favorite thing to do at home, besides playing cars, is to "look at the pictures." This boy could sit at my computer and watch slideshows of our family pictures for hours - it is crazy! He especially loves looking at our Easter pictures for some reason. He is such a delight and I could not imagine my day without his sweet smile:)

1 comments:

HannahM said...

Sweet Brody! Love that you do interviews- such a great way to sum them up, in their various stages of growth.