Mason is probably the sweetest boy that most people have met. I often get comments from teachers and friends at how sweet and precious he is. I know God has given him a tender heart and I am excited to see what is in store for him in life. Obviously I do not see Mason at preschool or Sunday school, but I am pretty certain that he is the epitome of the "teacher's pet" but maybe not quite so annoyingly so (like I was!). I feel like Mason can be summed up by something he did last night/today that made me and Andy so proud of him...
Last night we were talking about today and how it was his birthday and what we were going to be doing. Opening presents was mentioned and Mason immediately said "What about Brody?" I explained that Brody's birthday is in a few days and then it would be his turn to open presents and have a special day. Mason looked a bit sad and said "But Brody will be sad!" I told him it was okay and that Brody would understand. He looked at me and said "I'm going to let Brody open some of my presents." My heart melted and I told him that was so sweet, but he did not have to do that. He went to bed and I wondered if he would think of it the next morning. Well this morning came and our 5 year old woke up, ate his cinnamon role in bed (our family tradition) and came down to open presents. I asked Brody to help me hand him the presents and Mason immediately said that he wanted Brody to help him open some and proceeded to have Brody open half of his presents. It was so sweet and thoughtful - Andy and I looked at each other and I think we were both a bit teary-eyed.
We are so proud of our boy and feel so privileged to be his parents!
2 comments:
I full heartedly agree not only on how old Mason seems now, but about his tender and loving heart. I am always so amazed by the thoughtful things he says, and the caring things he does. I think this comes out the most when you get him one on one, sometimes i almost forget that i am talking to a 5 year old! You and Andy are doing a wonderful job at raising your three boys, and i know that they will only continue to make you more proud. I love you all so much!
we adore mason too....can you pleeasse move next door so he and nboy can be bff's AND next door neighbors for life!?! that would be totally awesome of you'll!! thx.
Post a Comment